From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Title(s) and Rank(s)
- Fisherman / Village Saint
- 78 years old, (50 BG -- 29 YG)
- Depictions of Saint Pabrëna show him as a medium height man with a balding head of white hair. He is usually shown with a walking staff and fishing net.
- Pabrëna is attributed as a man of extreme patience and faithful dedication to a task. He is held as an exemplar of duty and charitable sacrifice.
- Kemp Hyläböm, Kythus
- Pabrëna was a fisherman for his clan who lived in the village that would become the free town of Kemp Hyläböm centuries later. He was often ridiculed for fishing at the top of the twin falls, when everyone knew that larger fish such as pike and sturgeon were found downriver. Not to be discouraged Pabrëna continued to fish at the top of the falls. One particularly harsh winter he spend three days on the iced over river, at the edge of the falls and caught enough fish to feed the hungry village. Unfortunately the ice gave way, and Pabrëna was swept over the falls. His body was never recovered, but his sacrifice on behalf of the village was remembered.
- Saint Pabrëna is invoked by fisherfolk, and others who rely on the river for their livelyhood, as a protector and provider. Many believe his patience can aid them in staying on task and completing their work despite difficulties, or discouraging conditions.