From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Twin Root
- Herbaceous, Flower, Fruit
- Twin root grows in shaded forest conditions, and is known for its distinctive double taproot. The flesh of the root is mucilaginous, and an excellent source of starch. The flower of this plant, a small cluster of pink drops, is often used a laxative and vermifuge. The small green berries produced as fruit are acrid and find some use as a spice.
- Sub-Tropical to sub-arctic forests.
- Life Cycle
- Annual, flowering in late summer to produce berries, which contain seeds dispersed by animal consumption. Twin Root can also be propagated from root cuttings.
- edible (root), acrid spice (fruit)
- laxative (flowers), vermifuge (flowers)
- glue (root)