From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Swoops are a family of insectivorous birds known for their ability to catch flying insects in the air. They will make diving pendulum manoeuvres while hunting.
- Sexual Dimorphism
- Swoops display a variety of colours; the most common being a rich blue and gold flecked plumage.
- Tropical to sub-arctic latitudes, in nearly any biome that contains vertical cliffs, or trees upon which they can nest.
- Insects, some fruits, or seeds.
- Social grouping
- Small flocks near nesting grounds, Solitary, or Mated pairs.
- They are generally friendly towards other creatures, and have been tamed for pest control in orchards and gardens.
- A female swoop will make a nest out of clay attached to a tree, cliff, wall, or ledge, and brood 2-4 eggs every spring.
- some varieties have been domesticated for pest control in orchards.
- Eggs, Feathers, Meat