From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Cave Crabs, Stone Scabs
- Cave crabs, or stone scabs, are a variety of land crab which are nocturnal scavengers. In dry climates they can be an indicator of a hidden or underground watersource.
- Stony grey crustaceans, In live cave networks they can develop a hardened crust of mineralization making them more easily camouflaged in their habitat.
- Sexual Dimorphism
- Tropical to temperate latitudes, Rocky terrain, containing underground caves, piles of lose scree, or containing crevices an holes they can retreat into by day. A nearby source of freshwater.
- Scavenging omnivores, eating a variety of mosses, fungi, algae, plants, and carrion.
- Social Grouping
- Found in groups numbering up to dozens of individuals, but without a notable pattern.
- Generally not a prolific breeder, and slow growing, making them unsuitable for domesticated farming, but some are hunted or trapped for food.
- Meat, Shells.