From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- A variety of Wysp Snatch found dwelling in large colonies in the Sildaryn Forest. Imported to Waejir as a curiosity and exotic pet.
- Common Names
- Steifreiko - Shoulder Kitten (Waejir)
- 1-2 kilograms (2-5 pounds), 15-20 centimetres (6-8 inches) body, and 30-40 centimetres (12-16 inches) tail.
- They have small fuzzy bodies with extremely long and prehensile tails. Their fur ranges in colours suitable for their tree dwelling nature, black, grey, brown and mottled white patterns being common. They have tiny dexterous paws, and extremely large eyes generally in a yellow to golden orange colour.
- Sexual dimorphism
- no significant variation between sexes.
- Steifreiko have a wide range of fur colouration and patterns.
- Arboreal, canopy dwelling in forest and jungle.
- Insectivorous primarily on venomous stinging insects, also eats fruit and flowers. Extreme tolerance for spoiled food, or poisons.
- Social grouping
- Large groups of up to 30 members in their natural habitat. Solitary curiosities as pets.
- Clever animals.
- Little is known of the mating habits of these creatures as they are a recent introduction to Waejir.
- Large groups of Steifreiko have been discovered to sing a chorus of sonorous droning at dusk. The purpose of such behaviour is as of yet unknown.
- Food tasting
- Imported to Waejir as a domestic curiosity, the shoulder kitten is employed as a defence against poisons by Waejiran noblewomen. These creatures will perch on or near their mistress’ shoulders, and snatch bits of food that are spoiled or poisoned before she can ingest them herself.
- No known sub-species.
- Exotic imported pet.