From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Sleek and long bodied felines, with prominent tufts of longer hairs at the points of their ears. Stei are generally nocturnal hunters of small animals. Capable trackers and generally stalk their prey in pairs.
- Common Names
- <list names the species is referenced by-->
- <--number--> kg (<--number--> pounds), <--height--> m ( <--height--> feet/inches), <length--> as appropriate
- <--general description, include body part ratios as required, consider: skeleton, mobility, body covering, respiratory system, nervous System, additional features-->
- Sexual dimorphism
- <--note differences between the sexes-->
- <--any other variance, include subspeciation-->
- <--primary and secondary climate and terrain-->
- <--what do they eat-->
- Social grouping
- <--herds, pack, solitary, etc-->
- <--skittishness, aggression-->
- <--apparent intelligence-->
- <--method, cycles, associated behaviours-->
- The common stei has the widest range of colouration and patterns in it's fur, ranging through all shades of browns, greys and oranges, sometimes in mottled, spotted, brindled or patches of contrasting colours. :They are generally smaller than the more specialized species, and sometimes domesticated as hunting companions and guards by some Treahni people.
- Reddish through golden colours brace the fur of this species. They dwell in underground dens and emerge during the cool evening to hunt by the light of the moon.
Great Jungle Stei
- Largest and most feared of the stei species, the Great Jungle Stei has grey and brown stripes allowing it camouflage when stalking prey in the thick vegetation of it's preferred habitat. These felines are fearless predators which will often attack prey much larger than themselves.
- Large nocturnal feline predators found in light-to-heavy forest covered regions of Entorais, preferring some trees for perching and lounging in/under during the day. The fur of these beasts is uniformly black. The only real colour seen on a Night Stei is the pair of golden yellow eyes staring out of the shadows, the pink/red of their mouth, and flash of white teeth. In rare examples subtle grey patterning has been seen, but believed to be mutations, or hybrids with other species of stei.
- <--brief note about domestication-->
- <--resources obtained from domestication-->
<--links to related material-->