From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- The star Ketir has eight planets in orbit:
- The innermost of eight planets of the star Ketir. From Entorais Cuhais appears as a tiny greenish star barely distinct from Ketir.
- Second planet orbiting Ketir. Rises above the horizon at dawn and dusk - referred to as The Slave's Lamp.
- Third planet of the star Ketir. Blue-Green in colour Porais is sometimes called The Angry Brother. Porais has an atmosphere capable of sustaining life, but its weather is extremely violent.
- The fourth of eight planets of the star Ketir, and the second with a life sustaining atmosphere. Entorais orbits its sun at an average distance of 153,200,000 km, has an orbital period of 360 days, and rotates once on its axis (19 degree incline) every 24 hours. The planet has a diameter of approximately 13,472 km and two natural satellites; Kodah and Saynoh. The surface of Entorais is about 70% water; with two large polar ice-caps and three major continental land masses. These continents are, in order of decreasing size; Anexea, Estorea, and Tumbrea.
- The smaller of the two moons orbiting Entorais. Orbiting at an average distance of 342,930 km, Kodah has a lunar month of 37 days, an orbital inclination of 6 degrees, and being tidally locked, rotates once every month on its axis (2.5 degrees inclination, from orbital plane). Kodah has a diameter of 3,527 km, and a distinct red colour. A few calendars are based on Kodah's lunar month, having 11 months of 37 days. The red moon is often associated with the goddess Ryla, and the Waejiran mythic figure Rae.
- Saynoh is the larger of Entorais' two moons. With an average orbiting distance of 520,257 km, Saynoh has a lunar month of 30 days, an orbital inclination of 2 degrees and rotates once on its axis (5 degrees inclination, from orbital plane) every ten days. Saynoh has a diameter of 5,342 km, and appears silver-grey in colour. All but a few calendars follow Saynoh, having 12 months of 30 days. Saynoh is often associated with the goddess Peolu, and the Waejiran mythic figure Nae.
- Fifth planet orbiting Ketir. Yellowish in appearance.
- Sixth planet of Ketir. a gaseous giant appearing orange in colour when viewed from Entorais.
- Seventh of eight planets in orbit of Ketir.
- The eighth body in orbit of the star Ketir. Rusia is more probably a proto-star, as its immense size is on par with some dwarf-stars. For whatever unknown reason Rusir has yet to begin solar burning.
- While not a individual body like the moons or stars, the River of Souls forms a hazy band of light winding through the background of the stars themselves.