From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Silk Berry / Eiha Ohei (Waejir)
- Flowering Shrub
- This low bushy shrub is a dwarf variety of the Silk Trees of Waejir's South West. The fruit of this tree are wrapped in loose silky husks much like the larger tree, however the fleshy interior is a deadly poison.
- Life Cycle
- Due to its more tolerant habitat range, silk berry is cultivated in plantations in both Waejir and Corinthea for the production of textile fibre alternative to silk tree fibre.
- Cardiac and Poison - Silk Berry is known to cause irregular heart-beat in those who ingest the fruit. Some herbalists have studied the possibility of using this fruit to aid those suffering from heart ailments, but this is an unpopular plant to most.
- Textile - The husk fibres of this plant can be harvested to produce a low grade silk, with a rough texture.