From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Rugtaime (Iskandean), Jumping Lizard
Rugtaime are native of Pto-Heim. The lizards are capable of jumping up to 5 times their body length, a fact that leads to their common name.
- <--number--> kg (<--number--> pounds), <--height--> m ( <--height--> feet/inches), <length--> as appropriate
- The lizards have mottled greens and browns in their scales, and change shade gradually with the season, being darkest in the winter. Their hindmost limbs are much longer than their forward two pairs and they have a hopping bipedal stance.
- Sexual dimorphism
- Rugtaime are a sexually dimorphic species, with the males being about a third as large as the females.
- No significant variation exists.
- Significant wild populations exist on the island of Pto Hiem in the Isk Archipelago. They are found on most of the islands, due to being spread about for domestication.
- Rugtaime are herbivores, which eat a variety of grasses, fruits, and shrubbery leaves.
- Social grouping
- <--herds, pack, solitary, etc-->
- <--skittishness, aggression-->
- <--apparent intelligence-->
- <--method, cycles, associated behaviours-->
<--list of sub-species with notable differences-->
- They are farmed for two purposes; as a food stock, and for their hides. Their hides make excellent leather, and as such are used in many products from the isle’s leather working industry.
- Meat and Leather
<--links to related material-->