From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Night Broom
- Herbaceous, Flower
- A short growing broom plant, with a solitary broom shaped purple-to-black flower. The leaves of this plant are light green, with a dark purplish-black strip along the centre crease, and have a soft soft velvety texture on the topside.
- This variety of broom plant is uncommon.
- Night Broom ranges from sub-tropical to sub-arctic latitudes, in hills, plains and savanna, and grows best in open spaces with little shade.
- Life Cycle
- Night broom is an semi-annual, which flowers in the late spring, keeps its petals throughout the summer until the seed pod develops fully. The seeds over-winter in the pod which dries and splits in the spring, releasing tiny black grains with feathery filaments to be dispersed by the wind.
- wild, gathered as required.
- Night Broom has no known culinary use.
- hallucinogen (petals), hypnotic (petals)
- poison (seeds)