From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- A octuple tentacled land mollusc of substantial size. A few sub-species exist each adapted to their particular habitat.
- Varies between subspecies.
- Spiral shelled with a set of eight long grasping tentacles at the front of their gastropod belly. Move about on a trail of slime like snails. Jeganei have a pair of retractable stalked eyes, and a rasp-like radula inside a beaked mouth.
- The two most common sub-species differ in colouration, size and texture of their shells.
- Jeganei are omnivorous scavengers and opportunistic predators.
- Social grouping
- Bark Jeganei
- 1.5-2.5 kilograms (3-6 pounds) 10-20 centimetres (4-8 inches) shell and 20-30 centimetres (8-12 inches) tentacles.
- The jeganei miat is a common scavenger found in jungles, and swamps of Waejir. With a rough textured shell resembling a large pine cone, these creatures are fairly well hidden when resting. However when seeking food their long bright blue dark spotted tentacles make them quite noticeable.
- Mud Jeganei
- 3.5-5 kilograms (8-12 pounds), 20-35 centimetres (8-14 inches) shell, and 30-50 centimetre (12-20 inches) tentacles.
- Smoother shelled, and coloured to blend into their surroundings, this species of Jeganei is found in and around fresh water in plains, and marshes.
- Meat, Shells