From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Hovrak are aggressive hunters, which will swarm prey en-mass and constrict it, while taking bites out of the struggling unfortunate animal.
- The only known method of deterring these creatures is oil or similar noxious liquids released into the water nearby.
- Common Names
- Hovrak, Constrictor Eels, Pack Eels
- Adults 20 kilograms (45 pounds), 2 metres (6 feet 6 inches) long.
- Mottled green-black, smooth skinned, long bodied fish with a dorsal fin running the length of their body. Slit gills, and a wide maw filled with many triangular teeth.
- Sexual dimorphism
- No significant difference between the sexes.
- Freshwater. Often found in weed beds in rivers and lakes throughout Anexea.
- Large animals, fish.
- Social grouping
- Schooling up to two dozen eels in a pack.
- Aggressive. Hunting behaviour relies on smell and movement of prey.
- Spawn annually in the spring. with young reaching sexual maturity within 2-3 years, and full adult size in about 6 years.