From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Glass Crown
- This edible fungus is composed of several thick cream coloured stems which terminate in translucent glassy blue-green branched clusters.
- Sub-tropical to sub-arctic forests.
- Life Cycle
- Midsummer is generally the best time for foraging for glass crowns.
- Some cooks have managed to domesticate glass crowns, growing them in beds of compost, under shade of trees or awnings.
- The entire mushroom is edible-raw or cooked and provides a pleasant almond-like flavour to salads, soups or stews.
- There is no known medicinal use for Glass Crown.