From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Gae Staniq, Swarm Beetles
- Gae Staniq are large predatory insects which attack large warmblooded creatures as part of their reproductive cycle.
- Arthropod, Insect
- 2-3 centimetres (1-1.5 inches) in length
- Large ovoid bodied beetles. Large wings beneath elytra. Grey, Black, or blue colouration.
- Sexual Pentamorphism
- The species has five distinct sexes based on strange genetics, however little physical variation is notable.
- Grasslands, Scrub, and Light Forest.
- Parasitic to living animals as young. Adults prey upon other insects.
- Social grouping
- Solitary, Swarm when mating.
- Oblivious, aggressive during mating
- The mating swarms of the Gae Staniq will surround warm-blooded animals, bit deep pits into their skin, and live birth 1 to 4 larvae in the open wound. These rapidly burrow under the skin, eating and growing. They eventually form cysts and begin pupating into the adult insects, a process that can take weeks. Assuming the victim is still alive at this point the newly moulted young then burst forth, and fly away.