From World of Entorais WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Common Names
- Burglar Lizard
These omnivorous pests are named for their habit of stealing shiny things and carrying them back to their nests.
- <0.25 kg (<0.5 pounds), <25 centimetres (<10 inches) length
- Scaled low profiled lizards, with four roughly equal length limbs, a longer pair of hind limbs, and tails making approximately 40% of their total body length. Small frill of spikes arrayed horizontally across the base of their skull protecting the neck, with heavier plate-like scales along the back.
- Sexual Dimorphism
- No obvious differences between the sexes.
- Minor differences in colouration and patterning between subspecies.
- Sub-Tropical to Temperate Forests, Scrub, Savanna. Sometimes found in urban environments.
- Omnivorous, eating a variety of green plants, fruit, and small insects or other animals.
- Social Grouping
- Solitary or small groups numbering up to a dozen individuals living in a communal den.
- Cautiously curious, will approach non-threatening animals.
- Clever animal.
- Females will lay clutches of up to a dozen eggs in their dens. Brooding them until hatching. Young remain in the colony unless the population pressure outstrips available food.
- These lizards are named for their behaviour of collecting small shiny objects. The small piles of coins, glass, metallic scraps, and other trinkets found in their dens is perhaps the source of the myth that dragons hoard gold and other wealth.
- None; Considered pests in urban environments.
- Meat. Minor treasure if den located and raided.